Father’s Day Sunday JUNE 19th
Here are some basic facts about men:
- Men are more likely to have a heart attack than women.
- There is growing research that links periodontal (gum) disease and heart disease.
- Men tend to put off seeing a dentist for routine exams and cleanings but rather wait until they have a problem before making an appointment.
- Many heart and blood medications can cause dry mouth, which can increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- If you use tobacco and are an older male, you are twice as likely as women to develop oral cancer.
- Men tend to select activities such as hockey and football which have a greater risk for trauma to the mouth and teeth
One of the first steps you can take to get your health back on track is to contact us today to discuss your questions or to schedule a consultation. Other steps you can take include:
- Asking us to teach you the proper brushing, flossing, and waterpik techniques so that you are equipped to prevent or combat periodontal problems.
- Making an appointment for a routine dental cleaning.
- Asking us about ways you can protect your teeth and mouth if you actively participate in high contact activities.
- Speaking to us about a proper diet for both your oral and general health.
Give the gift of good health by encouraging fathers in your life to have routine dental cleaning and exam at least twice a year. Check out Burn’s Family Dentistry for this month’s google review “enter to win” contest. jy