How can calcium phosphate help my teeth?
There are new dental products available for people with high caries risk and dry mouth. Lower levels of calcium and phosphate ions in your teeth can cause white spots which basically is weakening of the enamel also known as enamel demineralization. This demineralization is the earliest form of a cavity.
Products containing calcium, phosphate with and without fluoride help fight demineralization by lowering the pH of the oral cavity and replacing minerals while improving saliva flow and fluoride uptake, as well as helping with hypersensitivity. This can actually reduce the chance of a cavitation forming in your tooth!
Benefits from using a paste containing calcium, phosphate, and fluoride are :
- Buffering acids produced by bacteria and plaque
- Comforting dry mouths caused by certain medications
- Minimizing tooth sensitivity before and after professional cleanings
- Reducing high oral acid levels from excessive soft drink consumption
- Reducing high oral acid levels that are sometimes a consequence of pregnancy
- Minimizing tooth sensitivity after whitening procedures
- Regular conditioning during and after orthodontic visits.
Ask your dentist about products available if you are at high risk for cavities or if you are having problems with dry mouth or have noticed white spots. Please visit our website for any new exciting news. Have a great day! jy